Last updated 30th March 2020
Across the globe, current events have required all of us to make considerable changes to our daily lives. Many of us are now tasked with keeping our kids engaged with their education, which can often be a struggle at the best of times. We wanted to put together a list of fish in a bottle approved and trusted resources to help you entertain and motivate your kids in learning, alongside their existing schoolwork.
Some of these resources are always free, and some are only free for the present situation. As we find more great content for you, we’ll update it here.
- BBC Bitesize for kids age 3 – 16+, with daily content designed to support independent learning
- BBC Teach for kids 5 -16+, short educational videos on various school subject
- Breakout Edu at Home digital games covering a range of subject- US based (free while the kids are off)
- Century English, maths and science resources for Years 3 – 11 (free while the kids are off)
- Classroom Secret Kids EFYS to Year 6 activities for independent learning
- CK12 Foundation a range of science and math resources for a range of ages- US based
- Dyslexia Academy resources and courses for students with dyslexia (1 month free trial)
- Khan Academy a variety of online courses and daily schedules for kids age 2 – 18+, US based
- PE with Joe Wicks it’s not just about keeping their minds active, Joe is running live PE classes on his Youtube channel at 9am Monday to Friday
- Maths with Carol Vorderman maths activities for kids age 4 – 12 (free while the kids are off)
- Twinkl lessons, schedules and activities for a range of ages
- Raspberry Pi learn to code with Scratch and Python (you don’t need a Raspberry Pi to get a lot out of this content)
- Code.org coding projects you can do at home (if you don’t have a PC at home, there are projects for smartphones)
- Purple Mash computing and digital skills for KS1 and KS2 (free while the kids are off)
- Minecraft: The Education Edition creativity, collaboration and problem-solving in an immersive digital environment
- Natural History Museum learning resources
- San Diego Zoo Kids videos, games and activities from the San Diego Zoo
- NASA Kids learn all about the planets and our solar system and beyond!
For the little ones
- Scholastic Kids Book Club book reviews, recommendations and activity sheets for kids of all ages
- David Walliams is releasing 30 free audio stories on his website, where you can also find activities based on his popular books