UX / Digital Designer
About the role
We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic team player who is passionate about creating beautiful user experiences and interfaces to solve problems and make users’ lives easier.
This role is ideal for an experienced designer with the desire to step into a role where you can take ownership of the UX and digital design deliverables. You’ll be responsible for defining and transforming the broader UX and design approach for various projects, drawing from your experience and knowledge of best practice.
You’ll be able to uphold a pixel perfect level of quality and work to tight deadlines simultaneously on multiple projects and pitches.
- You’ll come up with creative, effective multi-platform solutions to solve clients’ digital challenges
- You’ll always be thinking with the end user / customer / target audience in mind, to produce the best solutions and most engaging, intuitive user experiences
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows and visual designs to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Take a project from concept to completion – not only with the creative thinking and planning but with the visualisation of screens and stylesheets too
- Proven UX / UI design experience and an up to date portfolio packed with client focused projects to demonstrate this
- Confident and comfortable with presenting creative solutions and talking through your design process, both internally and externally to clients
- An excellent understanding of style guidelines, design processes and creative workflow
- A passion for digital design and interactive content
- Showing flexibility to the needs of the project is a must
Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe CC suite, Sketch and Invision
- A solid understanding of usability, UX, UI and interaction design
- Understand the importance of both business and users’ needs and requirements
- The ability to work directly from a client brief from concept to completion
- Experience in translating client requirements and key user journeys into clearly laid out user stories and workflows
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest technology trends, best practice and design software
Bonus points if you have
- Knowledge of After Effects
Working in a relaxed, creative studio environment (a converted chapel in Leamington Spa) with perks including flexible working, free drinks and fruit, regular social events, a discount scheme – covering high street, restaurant and entertainment discounts.
We offer a competitive package and a friendly and supportive working environment.
You’ll be given creative direction and guidance from our Creative Director to help you push boundaries.
Please send us details of your proven digital design experience (industry / freelance) and links to your work – that’s the best way for us to see what you can do. We’re looking for a strong portfolio, covering a diverse range of digital projects. We would specifically like to see your wireframes, storyboards, user flows, stylesheets and anything that demonstrates your visual design process.
Tip: take a look at our work and point us to examples of similar work you’ve produced.
Because this job is located at our Leamington Spa studio, please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying.
Getting back to you
We love taking the time to review applications, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to progress with your application we’ll be in touch with you within two weeks.
If you’re from a recruitment agency then I’m afraid we won’t be taking things any further. Direct candidates only please.
Back to all vacancies