Junior Game Artist
We are looking for an artist who can cover the basics in everything from character design to environments and gameplay. With the ability to take ideas from concept to completion, but also be able to follow an existing ‘look and feel’ to build upon an initial style set. As well as be able to support the design and development of asset creation for other digital projects and their requirements in studio. You’ll be given creative direction and support from our in-house project teams to help you deliver core project requirements.
This is a great opportunity to integrate yourself in the team. Working onsite in our Leamington Spa Studio with fish in a bottle’s fantastic studio team, you’ll quickly understand the project and client requirements, taking an active part in discussions and the game deliverables.
The must-have skills required to do the job
- Proven game art / design experience (industry / freelance / work placement) and an up to date portfolio packed with diverse game art
- Basic gameplay user interface and interaction design
- Experience of Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and After Effects
- Ability to animate in 2D (game sprites etc.)
- Experience of creating and animating 3D assets
- Ability to take an idea from concept to completion
- Work with styleguides, brand assets and follow an existing ‘look and feel’
- Take a creative brief or conceptual designs and execute additional page designs, modules or features and functionality
- Basic understanding of design principles and responsive design
- Create basic moodboards and illustrations to communicate creative concepts
- Create new and engaging ideas for intuitive user experiences
- Flexibility to the needs of the project is a must
A nice to have but not essential would be experience in Premier, Unity, Maya LT or DragonBones, and the ability to create storyboards.
We’re one of the UK’s original and most successful digital production studios, structured in a way that’s designed to bring out the very best in the people who work here. fish in a bottle produce award winning games, apps and products for a variety of amazing clients that will look great on any portfolio. We push boundaries and go beyond the brief and we’re looking for talent to be a big part of that and share in our success.
You’ll be working in a relaxed, creative studio environment (a converted chapel in Leamington Spa) with perks including flexible working, free drinks, a discount scheme covering high street, restaurant and entertainment discounts, birthday cake and plenty of social events.
We offer a competitive package and a friendly, supportive working environment.
Because this job is located at our Leamington Spa studio, please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and provide online examples of your work. We would specifically like to see your examples of environments, lighting and scene composition and we’re particularly excited to see game art for kids – not so keen on the skulls, muscular men with swords and naked ladies style 😉
ABSOLUTELY, STRICTLY NO AGENCIES – PLEASE DON’T CALL US
Back to all vacancies