About the role
You’ll be able to show a strong portfolio, covering a diverse range of digital projects and a variety of art styles. We’re looking for someone who can cover everything from character design to environments and game-play.
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a full range of digital projects for a variety of different forward-thinking clients. Joining the fish in a bottle team as a Game Artist will involve taking ideas from concept to completion, delivering a range of amazing 2D and 3D game art.
The Game Artist sits within our exceptional studio team, who come up with complex solutions and adapt to all types of project requirements. You’ll be able to uphold a high level of quality and be able to work to tight deadlines whilst working simultaneously on multiple projects and pitches.
- Responsible for the visual style / implementing an established look and feel, depending on the project
- Work collaboratively with the team and Client to establish the best creative approach
- Accountable for the artistic execution for pitch and project deliverables
- Review and assure quality meets expectation
- You’ll be able to integrate yourself in the team, rapidly building strong relationships with our studio team.
- You’ll quickly understand the project and client requirements, taking an active part in discussions and deliverables.
- Showing flexibility to the needs of the project is a must
- Proven game art design experience and an up to date portfolio packed with diverse game projects to demonstrate
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Animate and After Effects
- Conceptual art for projects and pitches (including brainstorming, scamps, storyboarding and character development)
- Ability to animate in 2D (game sprites etc.)
- Experience of creating and animating 3D assets in Maya for games / VR etc.
- Experience of creating Unity game assets
- Environmental art / animation
- Colour concepting
- Ability to take an idea from concept to completion
Bonus points if you have
- Have knowledge of character rigging / animation software (DragonBones or Spine)
- Have knowledge of video-editing software (Premiere)
Working in a relaxed, creative studio environment (a converted chapel in Leamington Spa) with perks including flexible working, free drinks and fruit, regular social events, a discount scheme – covering high street, restaurant and entertainment discounts.
We offer a competitive package and a friendly and supportive working environment.
You’ll be given creative direction and guidance from our Creative Director and studio team to help you push boundaries.
Please send us details of your proven game art experience (industry / freelance) and links to your work – that’s the best way for us to see what you can do. We’re looking for a strong portfolio, covering a diverse range of digital projects. We would specifically like to see your examples of characters, environments, lighting and scene composition.
Tip: take a look at our work and point us to examples of similar work you’ve produced. We do a lot of educational and kid’s games, so let us see that style.
Because this job is located at our Leamington Spa studio, please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying.
Getting back to you
We love taking the time to review applications, but unfortunately we’re not able to get back to everyone individually. If we’d like to progress with your application we’ll be in touch with you within two weeks.
If you’re from a recruitment agency then I’m afraid we won’t be taking things any further. Direct candidates only please.
Back to all vacancies