2D / 3D Game Artist
We are looking for a highly creative game artist to join fish in a bottle’s world class team.
You’ll play a key role in our outstanding studio team, working on projects for the likes of Disney, Sky, Nickelodeon and the BBC, amongst others.
The ideal applicant will be an ‘all round’ game artist with a broad skillset and varied portfolio of work, covering a diverse range of digital projects. This will include games but also web and apps – 2D and 3D, Mobile, AR and VR. You’re a team player, capable and willing to put forward fresh ideas and encourage others, with the ability to produce world class designs from concept to completion in all aspects of digital production.
Key skills and experience required:
- Proven game art design experience (industry / freelance / work placement) and a demonstrable portfolio packed with diverse game projects. We’re particularly excited to see your examples of game art for kids for varied target audiences rather than skulls / muscular men with swords / scantily clad ladies
- Experience and knowledge of Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Animate
- Conceptual art for projects and pitches (including brainstorming, scamps, storyboarding and character development)
- Ability to take an idea from concept to completion
- Ability to animate in 2D (game sprites etc.)
- Experience of creating low-poly 3D assets in Maya for games / VR etc.
- Experience of creating Unity game assets
We’d love to hear from you if you are:
- Confident and comfortable with both internal and client facing situations
- Passionate about digital tech and always looking to learn and discover
- Able to create new and engaging ideas for intuitive user experiences
- A creative thinker – not just an artworker
- Enthused about all artistic approaches with experience of a variety of art styles and the ability to replicate brand characters as well as creating original content
- Able to demonstrate the implementation of creative thinking on a wide variety of digital projects
- Quick to integrate within a team and have a drive to continually develop your skills and industry knowledge
Not essential but great if you:
- Have character rigging / animation in Maya experience
- Have knowledge of motion graphics and animation (After Effects)
- Have knowledge of video-editing software (Premiere)
- Have previous experience of working in a creative studio studio/agency environment
The game artist role sits within our exceptionally talented studio team, who come up with complex solutions and adapt to all types of project requirements. You’ll be able to uphold a high level of quality and be able to work to tight deadlines whilst working simultaneously on multiple projects and pitches.
We’re one of the UK’s original and most successful digital production studios, structured in a way that’s designed to bring out the very best in the people who work here. fish in a bottle produce award winning games, apps and products for a variety of amazing clients that will look great on any portfolio. We push boundaries and go beyond the brief and we’re looking for talent to be a big part of that and share in our success.
You’ll be working in a relaxed, creative studio environment (a converted chapel in Leamington Spa!) with perks including flexible working hours, a discount scheme covering high street and on-line stores, restaurant and entertainment discounts, birthday cake and plenty of social events.
We offer a competitive package and a friendly and supportive, high performing working environment.
Because this job is located at our Leamington Spa studio, please consider your ability to commute or relocate when applying.
We look forward to hearing from you.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
If you are interested in applying for this position please send your CV and provide online examples of your work to email@example.com Should you require further information about the role please feel free to get in touch on 01926 886842.
Back to all vacancies